Friday, April 20, 2012

REMEMBERING OTHERS

We all lose our way at one time or another. An unexpected life storm knocks us flat. A bad choice causes us to stumble and fall. We snap under the pressure of a difficult relationship, and no one seems to care or even notice the pain we feel. But then, like a Shepherd searching for that one lost sheep, God turns to us and hears our cry. He lifts us out of the darkness, gives us a safe place to stand and fills our heart with a new song of praise. And He uses people to do it all. In fact, God delights in using people to reach out and minister to other people who are wounded and lost. Many are lost and must be found.

I currently am going through the loss of a dear friend who has cancer and unless God intervenes this friend will be going home. Home to where we all want to be. Home with our Lord. My husband and I recently were able to speak with our friend and let him know that the Lord loves him so much.  We read the scripture from Joel 2:2 And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; Our friend in all his pain replied I Do Believe that. Even as the end nears our Lord is waiting for us to tell him how much we love him. The Lord yearns for us to ask for forgiveness and reach out to touch his garment. Let us always remember the prayer of Salvation which simply states,  Lord forgive me for my sins and come into my heart and let me put you first in my life. You are MY Lord and saviour and this day I proclaim that. In Jesus name I pray.

 God created us to need each other and to love one another. We are daughters and sons of the King, sisters and brothers  in Christ. When one hurts, all of us should feel the pain. When one of us has fallen, we need to reach out, link arms and hold on until the storm has passed. Who needs your love and encouragement?  Do not let another day pass that you do not call someone whom you love and may need you. It may be someone who is just now accepting the Lord into there life. It is never to late to repeat the sinners prayer and ask the Lord into our life. Let us learn to live one day at a time and to put our trust in the Lord.  
Let's Pray
Father, I know You want me to share the love I have found in You. Forgive me for the many times I have been too busy to see the needs around me. Break my heart for those who are in pain and feel hopeless. Encourage them through me, Lord. Fill my heart with Your love so that I can give it away.
In Jesus' name,
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment